Homemade pumpkin butter, for when you need to squeeze just a little bit more pumpkin into your fall. 🎃 This spread is a fall favorite and a great way to spice up your breakfast during the cooler months. Check out our homemade pumpkin butter recipe.
Pumpkin Butter Uses
So what are some uses for pumpkin butter? Uh...literally on EVERYTHING. But really, there are so many uses for pumpkin butter. Try it spread onto warm toast in the morning, or stirred into your coffee with a little milk. Swirl it into your breakfast yogurt or oatmeal or use as a topping on breakfast bread, pancakes, waffles, and muffins.
Tips & Tricks
- When I say "simmer" I really mean "this is going to bubble like the mudflats of Yellowstone." Pumpkin butter starts thick and only gets thicker as you "simmer" it.
- Fresh nutmeg is a game-changer. Get a little hand grater and whole nutmeg. You'll never go back.
Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie mix!!)
- 1/2 c. Apple Juice
- 1/4 c. Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 T. Butter
- 1/4 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 t. Ground Allspice
- 1/4 t. Kosher Salt
1. Add all ingredients to a large saucepan over medium-high heat and stir to combine.
2. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
3. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve as a cold spread.