Is there anything quite as enticing as the irresistible scent of freshly made kettle corn? The only downside is that you can't indulge in this delicious snack every day, or can you? In this guide, we'll show you how to whip up your very own batch of homemade kettle corn, so you can enjoy this sweet and salty treat anytime you like. Get ready to pop, sizzle, and munch your way to kettle corn perfection!
Tips & Tricks
- Wider is better than taller when choosing your pot, so try a deep skillet if you have it.
- Prepare all of your ingredients ahead of time. Pre-measure your sugar, popcorn kernels, and salt so you don't waste time while you're dealing with the hot oil.
- Don’t let the popcorn sit for any extra time on the stove or the sugar will burn. You don't need to wait for the popping to stop, just for it to slow down! Transfer immediately to your serving bowl and salt the popcorn in that dish.
- We prefer the 3 second method. Keep your pan on the heat for 3 seconds, then shake for 3 seconds, and continue alternating until the popping slows down.
Kettle Corn Recipe
- 1/4 c. Coconut oil
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. unpopped popcorn kernels
- 3/4 t. kosher salt
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat with three popcorn kernels. Once all three kernels have popped, the oil is ready.
2. Add the sugar and give it a quick stir before adding the rest of the popcorn kernels. Cover with a lid.
3. Alternate 3 seconds on the heat and shaking the pan for 3 seconds.
4. Remove the pot from heat when the popcorn slows down, and transfer the popcorn to a serving bowl.
5. Sprinkle with salt, give a final toss, and it's ready to serve! Enjoy!